The Poem Dance

~ The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word ~

December 28, 2004

An Awakening of Reason

When I look around me and I hear happy laughs
Of groups of friends happily talking and having fun
As they enjoy friendship alone at this corner I observe
I often wonder what's inside behind the mask of mirth

Maybe some secret wound inside which no one ever sensed
Due to some hidden hurt someone inflicted on them
Then I think of the many times I failed to heal those wounds
Inside hearts of friends and family of which I might have caused

I think of times which I failed to brighten up your day
But instead making it worse by my actions or what I say
I realize now that I was wrong I looked like I didn't care
I was heartless and cruel at what I did or said

So here all I want to say is I shouldn't wait another day
To say that I really do care I'm sorry if it didn't seem that way
Would you please forgive me?

Authors Note : It was the end of the year, and i was sitting alone at the corner of my classroom and everyone was busy talking grouped in their own clique. Then i realized that these are the faces that I wouldnt be seeing everyday anymore because we were in our last year for secondary school.
Previously Posted/Published in : www.fictionpress.com/~sikepi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home