The Poem Dance

~ The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word ~

December 28, 2004

Melancholic Rain

I stood near my window today,
Watching the rain fall,
Letting go of all thoughts,
Just closing my eyes and listening.

The rumbling thunder in the distance,
Water trickling down my window,
Droplets of rain on the glass,
Making soft pattering like children running.

Like washing my pain away,
My hurts, my pain, my life,
Evoking emotions deep inside,
Bringing longing to my heart.

Longing for home, for the people I miss,
For the memories I hold dear,
For the loved ones I left behind,
And a single tear, like rain, flows down my cheek.

NOTES : Wrote this in the bus while it was raining and the song "Emotions" by Destiny's Child was playing on the radio.

1 Comments:

Blogger SpiritualButterfly517 said...

I love your poem, its so beautifully written.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home