The Poem Dance

~ The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word ~

December 28, 2004

Missing You

The cold air blows from the outside
Chilling me as the ceiling fan whirrs slowly
A cockerel crows in the distance
Heard early in the morning - 5 am

I'm sitting in the dark
In silence, all alone
As my fingers typing on the keyboard
Is the only sound heard in d house

Others are in their beds
Blissfully sleeping soundly
And whisked away in dreams
Traveling in worlds unknown

Here I am, missing you
Wishing you were here
Wishing I could hug you
But reality hits me hard

"I'm here without you baby,
But you're still on my lonely mind"
The song plays in my head
Mocking me with it's true words

I reminisce of the times we spent together
The joys & laughter we shared
But now we're miles apart
And missing you brings an ache to my heart

I miss you.......

Dedicated to all my friends, but most especially Lola in Bintulu & Grace in
Kuching.

Authors Note : This was a spontaneous poem written late at nite (5am !) while I was especially missing my 2 best friends.

Previously Posted/Published in : fictionpress, coconutice.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home